Appellate: n. 1. The re-examination of a lower court’s decision by a higher court, which can affirm, reverse, or modify the decision of the lower court.
Many disputes do not end with the conclusion of a trial. Our experience includes providing representation after the entry of judgment and on to the briefing and presentation of issues to state and federal appellate courts. The attorneys of Searcy & Searcy have briefed or argued cases before the Second and Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court, in addition to numerous appeals from United States Bankruptcy Court to District Court.
- In re Johns Manville Corp., 517 F.3d 52 (2nd Cir. 2008)
- Matter of Taylor, 132 F.3d 256 (5th Cir. 1998)
- Travelers Indemnity Co. v. Bailey, 557 U.S. 137 (2009)
- Wave Energy, Inc. and Jeff Rand vs. Rand Energy Company
- Clint Blackman & Associates, Inc., and Chip-Chris Investments, v. Your Pump of Texas, Inc. and La Gloria Oil & Gas Co.